Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I can't figure this woman out - really.

Okay, I'll admit it. I am curious beyond reason sometimes, and I look at things that might make people think (if they're snooping around to see what I've logged onto to look at online) I'm:

a terrorist
plotting to kill someone
or
YIKES - A REPUBLICAN!

Yes I follow the tenant "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer".
What better way to check out the "other side" than to get a good dose of the Ms. Ann Coulter (or is that Mrs. - does she have a significant other, in any form?)
Anyway, I was looking at her dribble this morning, and needless to say, she has once again provided great entertainment, if not a mind melding experience.
Here are her exact words, taken from her latest article on HER blog, or website, or whatever, and it is choice.
She obviously is rightfully supporting our troops, but to a fault.
The New York Times, which has a cadre of people on its staff, has probably got fact checkers (one would hope), and has been around for decades, published an article stating there was in inordinate amount of war veterans coming home and committing murders.
Whether this is true, could be up to conjecture, but, if you're going to dispute what they've come up with, which certainly seems to be what Ms. Coulter is doing - how about ponying up some backup, in the name of resources?
I looked at what she said several times, and cannot for the life of me understand her logic. I know I'm not Einstein, but I'm no regular Joe either (by the looks of all the grammatical and spelling errors I see on a daily basis, even in newspaper articles - yeesh).
If anyone can understand what is being said below, please, do comment to me.
I would love to be able to further understand why this was such an important thing to defend according to Ms. (Mrs.? Miss?) Coulter.


Let's compare murders by veterans to murders by other 18- to 35-year-olds in the U.S. population at large. From 1976 to 2005, 18- to 24-year-olds -- both male and more gentle females -- committed homicide at a rate of 29.9 per 100,000. Twenty-five- to 35-year-olds committed homicides at a rate of 15.8 per 100,000. Since 9/11, about 1.6 million troops have served in either Iraq or Afghanistan. That makes the homicide rate among veterans of these wars 7.6 per 100,000 -- or about one-third the homicide rate for their age group (18 to 35) in the general population of both sexes. But fewer than 200,000 of the 1.6 million troops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan have been women, and the murder rate for the general population includes both males and females. Inasmuch as males commit nearly 90 percent of all murders, the rate for males in those age groups is probably nearly double the male/female combined rates, which translates to about 30 to 55 murderers per 100,000 males aged 18 to 35.

Huh?
She is definitely making some leaps in logic here. I would categorize her as a dangerous person in our society, right along with good ole Rush Limbaugh. Spewing off without a tempered judgement.
And no backup - she provides absolutely no resources in her article. So, I guess we're to just believe what she says? And then take it as gospel?
OMG............

No comments: