Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wow, time flies

I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted, but oh well, I never claimed to be a frequent blogger!
We just got back from our trip to Florida to visit Marty's dad for Christmas and his 70th birthday.
The weather was very nice, in the 80s or 70s every day, and no rain except on Christmas day! We did a lot of swimming and walking the dog, not much else, expect for a wicked shuffledboard game (which I won, of course - yay).
No jobs yet are appearing, but I did sign up to be a substitute teacher for my kids' school district, and I'll probably sign up for a few others in a few weeks.
I also am going to try my hand at a little sewing business, probably making either doll clothes or doggies clothes.
I'll use Freddie as my model - he's such a compliant guy. I'm hoping to bring in some extra cash, as we could use all we can get right now.
I'm getting too used to being able to do as I please during the day though. I'll have to get down and dirty looking for a job this week. I'm glad the kids will be back in school. They are a handful being home all day long. Although, since we were away in Florida, they were kept busy enough.
Here's to a better year (although 2008 didn't get bad for us until the end, but whatever).
I hope Obama will help us make life a little better. Anyone has to be better than what we had for the last eight years.
me.

No comments: