Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's time to start this!

Okay, since I've seen that so many people already have tried their hand at this technological wonder, I figured why not try it myself.
I have enough thoughts to spew about to fill a few pig troughs, so this should be fairly easy (not to mention cathartic).
My first submission has to be about my kids, since they take a full throttle hold of my daily activities, like it or lump it, so here's what I have to say about them today.
I have been cleaning all day today, because the holidays are coming up, because I'm sick of looking at all the clutter around my house, and because it's just a normal thing to do.
So one of the areas to finally see organization was the closet under our staircase. This is a fairly large area, and it sees all the items we don't want to see for awhile.
So, one of the things I dug up was my trusty (and very dusty) Brother AX 24 portable typewriter/"word processor" (so it's called).
My kids could not have been more excited about something I found so mundane.
It didn't even make it out of the closet, but since there wasn't anything now in front of it, my curious nine year old son decided to bring it up into my bedroom to investigate it. My daughter wanted her turn, and they actually fought over using the stupid thing.
I even had to warn them that this item did not have unending ink available, and that once the tape was gone, could we even get more? Sure enough, just googling the model on the internet, and I had my answer. For the low, low price of $6.95 + $3.95 shipping (what - this thing weighs about an ounce if it's lucky) I could have a spankin' new tape for the kids to waste.
Seeing as how money is tight these days - both my husband and I have been laid off from our jobs in the last month - I think I'll let them buy the next tape. Then they'll appreciate, I hope, the cost of replacing these types of things.
There's good reason people don't use typewriters as often. After seeing what price people are selling theirs for on Ebay, I have no idea why someone would pay the price these things are getting. Not all of them are winners, but there's enough of them getting bought!
I guess this is enough for my first submission - hope I'm not boring anyone. One of these days I hope to get some pictures posted, and some links to things I like - but that is for another day.

No comments: