Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jobs, Jobs everywhere, but not a one for me?

I have been so busy the last few weeks, ever since I was laid off at the beginning of the month.
Every day seems like it goes by so fast, because I have something to do each and every day.
I thought I would be depressed after being laid off, but I don't think I have enough time for that!
It's been rough finding a job though, in this depressed economy. I don't want just any job, I want a job in a school district.
I want to have off the days my kids have off.
I was exhausted enough working part time throughout the year and taking care of what the kids need.
Besides, I was working Monday through Friday, five hours a day, so it's only 15 hours shy of full time.
Thankfully I'm getting a severance pay, and my insurance covered until the end of February (I still have to pay half of it - ugh!). But to think that if I don't find a job before the end of February, and have to go on Cobra or risk my health needs, makes me quiver.
It's funny too, that the more the economy tanks, the more interested I am in what is being said on what I have thought as very boring, news channels like CNN and MSNBC. I avoid Fox like the plague, as I can't stand their right wing biased politicking.
I even have been able to get my kids interested in the political world, and we watched the election night coverage together. It didn't hurt that they both had homework that was involving watching the election. It doesn't mean they didn't enjoy it.
I hope to God that Barack can get this country in order in 2009. I know it won't happen in the bat of an eye, but maybe by the end of 09.
So, to end tonight's entry, anyone needing a very good secretary/assistant that can give me summers off? Heck I'll take any job that pays decently and lets me have the summers off!

No comments: